Time for another Oldie!! The last time I made this I called it Chocolate Morphine, remember? Of course you don’t. But holy crap, you guys…this needed to happen again. Can I just say that, for the ladies among us, this luscious concoction is a cure for anything and everything that ails you–hormones, trouble at work, bad hair days…? That’s a biological fact right there. Trust me…I mean, I could totally be a doctor some day if I wanted to.
So I’m in DC this weekend visiting my bestest. There will be lots of eating of chocolate and in all probability som outlandish wine consumption. Go ahead, judge me…because when I get back ill be back in training mode for a competition in May. I’m still on the fence about going to Nationals…but I figured a local gig wouldn’t hurt too much. It’s a chance to see if I’m ready, learn a little bit, and see if I can still stand in those horrific shoes. Plus it’s right here in CO so I don’t have to pay an arm and a leg to get there. I’m poor. And about to be jobless. Which is actually why I’m here in DC–got a pretty hot-to-trot interview Monday, but I’m not going to say what it’s for because I’ll jinx it…I just know it. I probably shouldn’t have even mentioned it. Crap. Now I WILL be homeless. I need chocolate.
- 1 can Full-Fat Coconut Milk, refrigerated a few hours or overnight
- 2-3 T Cocoa Powder (depending on how rich you want it)
- 2-3 T Maple Syrup or Honey (depending on how sweet you want it)
- Toppings: whipped cream, carob chips, shredded coconut, dollop of almond butter, cinnamon, etc…
- Chill the can of coconut milk, unopened, for a few hours or overnight.
- Open the can and scrape out the solidified cream layer into a bowl. Beat vigorously with a whisk or an electric mixer until softened. Add the honey and cocoa and beat until light and fluffy.
- Top with your garnishes of choice, and enjoy!