Yay! Another super easy meal! Here’s the deal you guys…I’m in waaaaaay over my head at school. I come home with my brain leaking out of my ears and have zero energy. I wish I could come up with fancy schmancy meals like I used to (remember this?)…but I can’t. At least not till the weekend, and this last weekend I had a wedding to be at in Boston. It was at the aquarium…how cool is that?! I wanted to be a marine biologist soooooo bad when I was younger. Still kinda do, actually. I mean, swim with the dolphins for a living? Um, yes please. Seriously, cocktail hour was INSIDE the aquarium…we could just walk around and geek out over fish with a bar set up around every corner. Total bliss.
OK so this meal. It was kind of invented on the fly because, like I can imagine happens in many a kitchen on many a weeknight, all I had was a package of ground beef. SO I was all like, “OMG I wish there was a Paleo Hamburger Helper sitting in the pantry!” …And then I was like, “Holy crap! That’s a great idea!”
Taking stock of all I had, I came up with this little concoction. I used palm syrup in this instance and I highly recommend you find a bottle–I think I got it at Natural Grocer but I’m sure Whole Foods has it. However, honey or molassas will work just as well…or just leave it out if you want to nix the sugar.
Serve over cauliflower rice or just on its own. Hint…mix it all up with some spaghetti squash and it’s like Chinese takeout
- 1 lb Ground Beef (any ground meat will work!)
- 2 T Coconut Oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Bell Pepper, chopped
- 4 Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 1 t Salt
- 1 t Ground Ginger
- 1 T Coconut Aminos
- 1 T Palm Syrup (or honey), optional
- 1, 16 oz bag Frozen Veggies (broccoli or green beans are great for this recipe)
- Heat the oil over medium-high in a skillet and add the onion and garlic.
- When the onion is translucent, add the beef and brown it well.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the bell pepper, salt, ginger, palm syrup, and coconut aminos. Simmer for a few minutes to let the flavors marry.
- Add the frozen veggies, stir to combine, then cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve over cauliflower rice or as desired.