I’ve been on a cereal kick lately. I dunno…I think it’s because I read the article on LBEB criticizing “clean” eating and the constant references to Cinnamon Toast Crunch were getting to me.
My latest concoction is granola, fried apples, and almond milk. Fall in a bowl. I love Fall. Find me a place where it’s Fall year-round and I’ll never, ever leave.
So…you don’t like eating granola like cereal? How bout…on baked apples…on ice cream (or banana froyo!)…on pancakes or french toast…as a topping for banana bread…instead of bread crumbs in stuffing (no, really!)…
Adapted from this recipe.
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- ½ c raisins
- ½ c dried cranberries (or any other dried fruit you’d like!)
- ⅔ cup pumpkin puree
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup maple syrup (optional if on 21DSD)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- pinch salt
- Mix everything together in a big bowl.
- Spread on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 325. Remove from the oven and stir everything around a bit.
- Return to the oven for 20 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely.