Know what would be awesome? If I could be a size 0 and wear whatever I wanted and look amazing. I whine about this a lot and my husband hates it. Then at some point it dawns on me that I have an almost sociopathic fetish for food and I’m all like, “Oh, wait…if I have to eat like a movie star I’ll go fracking insane.” Which I will. Just ask my husband.
I’m much happier with a bellyfull of pumpkin and maple syrup.
I mean, isn’t breakfast the most important meal of the day? Or something?
No? It’s OK. This makes and great lunch/dinner/snack/pre-WO/post-WO/midnight/3 am/happy hour/whenever kinda deal.
Note: the recipe for my Pumpkin Struesel Bread can be found HERE.
- 1 loaf of my pumpkin stuesel bread, sliced
- 1 c coconut milk
- 3 eggs
- pinch salt
- 1 t vanilla
- coconut oil for frying
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Whisk together the coconut milk, eggs, salt, and vanilla.
- Heat the coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Dip the slices of bread into the egg mixture and allow to soak for a minute or so.
- Fry the slices, 2 at a time, for 2-3 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Remove to a baking pan and place in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Serve with maple syrup and pastured butter.