I kind of feel like I live alternately between military and civilian. Mostly because so few of my civilian friends are married, engaged, or even thinking about getting hitched and all my military friends are over here like, “Bitch please…I got married 5 years ago.” Yeah, that was me married at 23. My civilian counterparts are ALMOST done judging me. Oh, except now my military friends are all popping out their SECOND babies. That’s kinda where they left me behind…not only am I not in any way to produce offspring (I’m told it hurts), but the best possible birth control is a good friend with a toddler. Seriously.
Which brings be to my PSA of the week…guys, if you ARE having babies, that’s totally cool. Really. You’re better people than me. But for the love of Christmas can we stop taking creepy infant and pregnancy photos? Here’s a rule of thumb…if you can’t re-create a photo with your adult child without it being normal or at least cute…please, please don’t do it. Or at least don’t put it out there on social media for the world to see. Like balancing your naked baby where your bump used to be…or laying around naked with your naked baby…or tattooing a picture of your naked baby on your bump and taking a picture of yourself with an Abercrombie-like expression. (Yes, I have seen all of those.) Actually, can we just stop taking naked pictures of ourselves and posting them online? Nobody needs to see that. There are special websites for that, and last I checked, Facebook wasn’t one of them (although some of the ads I’m getting have been making me wonder…).
So less naked people. More pancakes.
Yes. Peace, love, and pancakes.
- 3 Green Bananas
- 2 T Coconut Manna (coconut oil works well too)
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Egg Whites
- ½ t Almond Extract
- ½ t Cinnamon
- 1 pt. Blueberries
- ¼ c Water
- 2 c raw cashews, soaked for 3-4 hours
- ½ c coconut milk
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 T coconut oil
- 1 t vanilla
- In a food processor or blender, puree bananas, coconut manna, eggs, egg whites, almond extract, and cinnamon.
- Pour onto a skillet over medium heat.
- Cook for about 1-2 mins per side, then flip.
- Blueberry Topping:
- In a microwave safe dish, mix the blueberries in the water.
- Nuke for 1 minute at a time for about 3 or 4 minutes, until blueberries are juicy and soft.
- For the cashew cream,
- Soak the cashews in water for at least 2 hours, then drain off the water.
- Pulse the soaked cashews in a food processor until you have a fine meal.
- Add the coconut milk, lemon juice, vanilla, maple syrup and coconut oil.
- Run the food processor until you have a creamy consistency like cream cheese.
- Top pancakes with blueberry topping and cashew cream!