OMG we’re like a month away from Fall…and all the pumpkin-y deliciousness that comes with it. Spoiler…I’ve already started baking pumpkin things. But I can’t share just yet…that would mean I have a problem. Either way, I still need baked goods in my life that I CAN brag about, so here ya go.
What the heck is a summer berry? Um…all of them. Seriously, go crazy. I used cherries (my FAVE), blueberries, and raspberries. Just go with whatever you like. Oh, and remember strawberries aren’t really berries sooooo you’re out of luck there. But apparently bananas and tomatoes and avocados are. Huh. These could potentially get really gross. Don’t be TOO creative, mmk?
- ½ c Coconut Flour
- ½ t Salt
- ½ t Baking Soda
- ½ t Gluten-Free Baking Powder
- 5 Eggs
- 2 Egg Whites
- ½ c Unsweetened Applesauce
- ½ c Almond Butter
- 1 t Vanilla
- 1 c Summer Berries (any combo of blueberries, cherries, strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, etc)
- Whisk the dry ingredients together, except the walnuts.
- Add the remaining wet ingredients and stir to combine.
- Beat the batter with an electric mixer for 3 minutes on high, until fluffy.
- Fold in the walnuts.
- Spoon into prepared muffin tins about ¾ high.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Makes 12 muffins